Saturday, November 24, 2012

Random Questions

This past summer I wrote this up, and never published it due to the lack of formatting. It's funny how much some of these responses can change in just a few months. But I'll go ahead and post this, even though the color/font system is messed up and it's 5 months old, and hope that you enjoy it :)


A long time ago when I was younger (probably not even teenage age yet) I had this phase of sending out those chain mails and random mails to a list of all my friends. I'm pretty sure it's a phase everyone goes through. :) So I was thinking about that other day and decided to redo one of the old questionnaires emails again just for fun, see change and stuff. I'll probably take out a few questions in between and signify somehow if some answer hasn't changed :)

1. What time did you get up this morning? 10? 11? It's summer vacation, aka official sleep in as much as you want time :)

2. Diamonds or pearls?On a reason-ability scale, diamonds can go with almost anything whereas pearls (in my opinions) don't go with everything/everyone. So diamonds

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Cinema? The other day I used the word "footage" and was told that no one uses that term anymore. Anyway, the last MOVIE I saw at the THEATER (haha) was... The Lorax. It was good :)

4. What is your favorite tv show?I watch/follow a few dramas, catch a few Nadia Khan shows, and occasionally see Ellen clips. Favorite TV show doesn't really exist these days.

5. What do you usually have for breakfast?These days it's half-fry with paratha. Since I have newly stopped depending on my awesome family to make half-frys for me (for Americanos out there, half-fry = sunny side up) I have trouble flipping the egg and not spilling oil everywhere. I'll learn. One day.

6. If you could have one superhero power,what would it be?It's been so long since I've seen anything superhero-ish :D Umm...ummm...ummm...my previous answer was invisibility/flying- I think I'll stick with flying. that would be cool

7. What is your middle name? ***don't have one*** (obviously a consistent answer)But at one point my friends called me Maria Anne or Maria Meria (American pronunciation)

8. What food do you dislike?Honestly, the foods I disliked a few years back I am completely fine with now. I guess the only thing I can think of is cut up kareleh (wiki page calls them bitter melon) because it tastes a bit bitter and there's random seeds in there that taste horrible... 


9. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
What's a CD?
haha just kidding. honestly though, I listen to my iPod touch. no CDs. 

10. What kind of car do you want to drive?
*see last post*
I'll be nice and repost this picture. Something like this would be awesome. 


11. Favorite sandwich?
Mediterranean Veggie. Panera Bread. 

12. What characteristic do you despise?
Pretentious-ness? Actions speak louder than words, but often words overshadow actions. I feel like even a GOOD thing done that is extensively bragged about becomes worthless. It's more of a pet peeve I guess

13. Favorite item of clothing?
Previous comment was about this super soft pink sweater i had...that I lost :(
Anyhow, currently....I recently bought a Maxi Dress that I really like. I'm in a dress mode and there's several dresses in my closet that I'm very fond of :) 

14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,where would it be? 
Maldives. Preferably before they sink. But I might reconsider that since it's VERT hot there and they speak some language I don't really know... 

15. What color is your bathroom?
Like the bathroom in the hall next to my room? :) It's a warm tan-ish color. (fun stuff, last answer was white. We got our house fully painted in between...)

16. Favorite brand of clothing?
Not much of a Brand person, but I love Forever 21 like every other girl in America :)


17. Where would you retire to?
That's many many decades away, I honestly don't know where I'll be 20 years from now, let alone like 50 years from now. In other news, I was thinking the other day how nice it'd be to retire. No actual work-work, but still receive money :) haha...it's 
not that simple, I know. and it's like 50 years away....

18. What was your most recent 'memorable' birthday?
A few years back I went to a best friend's house on my bday and she had baked a cake and basically held a surprise bday party for me (we were visiting for other reasons, so it was very nice of her) and then when i came home my sister had arranged other surprises and gotten me lots of chocolate and overall made it very memorable :)


19. Favorite sport to watch?
Football. maybe because it's the only sport I comprehend like 80% of :P


23. Favorite
saying?
Gonna change this question around a bit, there's a Steve Jobs quote I've kept on a sticky note on my computer that I find very...interesting.
"No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It is life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new." -Jobs


24. When is your birthday?
Christmas Eve.
no, I do not receive double presents or one present or any combination. Merely because I don't celebrate Christmas


25. morning or night person?
Night. Though waking up early is nice, the day seems so much longers


26. What is your shoe size?
 9ish

27. Pets?
None :( I'd love a cat. But I'm considering that statement after dissecting a cat in Anatomy...


29. What did you want to be when you were little?
As long as I can remember I want to be a doctor. Honestly this is probably the first year I've even slightly questioned my want and thought of other options...part of growing up I guess


31. What is your favorite candy?
Nutella.
Wait, that isn't a candy? haha that's my eating obsession these days


32. What is your favorite flower?
I think sunflowers, because they're yellow. Or tulips


34. What are you listening to right now?
computer fan.


35. What was the last thing you ate?
Nutella with a banana. My sis-in-law laughed when she saw what I was eating :)


36. Do you wish on stars?
nope (never have, probably never will)


37. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Bright yellow :)


41. Favorite soft drink?
Maranda from Pakistan. One of the things I'm looking forward to this summer :) 


*Fun fact of the day, Mirinda didn't taste as good this trip :(*

46. What was your favorite toy as a child?
baby dolls (old answer :)

47. Summer or winter?
Primavera (spring)

48. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs!

49. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate. My friend says I have a more than usual chocolate obsession. Chocolate makes me really happy :)

51. When was the last time you cried?
Ironically, the last answer to this was "When my sis left for Pakistan" which is when she went to visit for about two months. That's funny how it's semi-true sevearl years later...

53. Who is the friend you, have had the longest?
"My sis..but then she's ALWAYS lived with me so" (younger Maria talking)

59. How many years at your current job?
I tutored starting this year and it's technically a "job" and I really enjoyed it, looking back. Some days I really just wanted to go home (it was afterschool) but I think it's a good experience and decent job.

61. How many towns have you lived in?
A lot, at one point. To introduce a type of essay for an AP exam my teacher had us make a timeline about our lives, and there was literally a span of like 3-4 years in my life where I moved around a ton and lots of changes happened. And for the past like, decade, my life has been consistent. Just a random story.

63. What books are you currently reading?
Just started "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks". Super interesting book, suggest you check it out if your into biology at all. It's about a women's cells that were cut from her tumor before she died, which had the unique characteristic of not dying in "culture" environment, and in the past 60 years have been a major part of developing major drugs/helping understand cancer/cells. Only that her family got no credit for the cells and such. I'm only on chapter 1, so that's what I got out of it so far. But my bio teacher really really liked it and it was sitting at home so I'm reading it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment